Research , Monitoring and Evaluation
We undertake and support independent research on three interdependent thematic areas – population, health and development, with gender as a cross-cutting theme.
PFI is at the forefront of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) initiatives in the health sector. We provide technical support to NGO partners and project teams. The support extends from project formulation and planning stages to implementation, evaluation and dissemination of findings.
- We maintain and update a data bank of information related to population, health and development.
- We respond to queries on large-scale data base surveys like the Sample Registration Survey (SRS), Census, RCH, National Family Health Survey (NFHS) and National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO).
- We provide technical back-up, especially verification, tabulation and statistical presentation in preparing specific advocacy materials.
Our technical expertise in M&E includes -
- Developing Management Information Systems (MIS)
- To assess accomplishments against targets
- To measure progress and stimulate ideas for improvement with the help of data
- To identify issues that need attention and thereby suggest corrective steps/solutions
- Facilitating baseline survey, mid-term evaluation and end-line evaluation/impact assessment using a combination of quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Providing technical support in the following key areas
- Sampling design
- Preparation of research instruments
- Data processing and analysis
- Finalization of reports
- Process documentation, with specific focus on documentation of promising practices and lessons learnt, so as to facilitate replication and scaling up in other settings as well
- Preparation of research briefs for dissemination of results to key stakeholders through a consultative process.