Advocacy & Communication
Evidence-based advocacy and behaviour change communication (BCC) is central to our work. Over the decades, we have increasingly emphasised on networking, consensus building and directly engaging with parliamentarians and the government. Our advocacy and communication strategies are constantly enhanced and adapted to meet varying needs.
At the national and state level we -
- Meet information needs of different groups of people
- Address information gaps to facilitate informed decision-making at the policy and programmatic level
- Build consensus among different stakeholders to create pressure for required change
At the district level we -
Support governments and civil society organizations to translate advocacy issues into action through capacity building and technical assistance
Use BCC for the adoption of appropriate reproductive and child care behaviours in the community
Our expertise is in-
- Undertaking primary and secondary research, compilation and analysis of information essential for evidence-based advocacy
- Dissemination of research findings on population and health-related data through seminars, lecture series, national and state-level conferences
- Sensitization and building capacities of multiple stakeholders including administrators, parliamentarians, members of the judiciary, corporate leaders and members of civil society organizations on issues related to population and health
- Sensitization of the media through orientation workshops
- Building networks, alliances, and coalitions to promote advocacy around key issues.
We provide technical support to the government and other civil society organizations on BCC and also develop various print and audio-visual material to generate awareness on issues of family planning, RCH, women’s empowerment and HIV/AIDS.
Our expertise is in -
- Developing communication strategies based on formative research
- Advising and facilitating the effective use of different forms of media by the government and civil society organizations
- Producing spots/programmes for TV and radio to reach out to the masses with messages on RCH
- Developing community radio programmes. PFI was among the first organizations to launch a community radio programme in Karnataka, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- Building capacity for implementation of BCC programmes and skill building for interpersonal communication and counselling
- Empowering the community through knowledge, capacity building and leadership training